Our Professional Development Program features virtual events (including Virtual Career and Grad School Fairs!), job postings, and free professional development resources and trainings.
We also partner with other AmeriCorps program alumni staff to share professional development supports. Join Alums today and get connected to our resources and to schools and employers who value alums!
Explore our Top 5 Resources to Jumpstart Your Career
1. Virtual Career Fairs –Network with employers who want to hire alums.
- 1,000+ alums connected with more than 20 employers from private, public, and government sectors for entry-level and more seasoned positions during our last fair.
- 2017 fair information coming soon.
2. Virtual Grad School Fairs – Find schools recruiting alums and schools with scholarships dedicated to AmeriCorps alums.
- In 2015, more than 30 schools with programs ranging from public policy to theology recruited thousands of students who registered for our Virtual Grad School Fairs.
- 2017 grad school information coming soon.
3. Job Search Tools & Tips
- AmeriCorps Alums is a key partner in launching Employers of National Service, a new initiative to recruit, hire, and advance alumni of AmeriCorps and Peace Corps supported by over 100 public, private, and nonprofit partners. For more information and a list of partners, visit nationalservice.gov/employers.
- Browse our jobs board and career center – Post your resume and manage your job search in one location.
- Read our Career Newsletter – Get tips in our “Ask the Career Coach” column and learn about the latest jobs, events, and resources from Alums in our Monthly e-newsletter.
4. Top 5 Professional Development Webinars– Listen to our 5 most popular webinars including how to translate AmeriCorps onto your resume.
5. Resources from AmeriCorps Programs – Did you know some AmeriCorps programs have alumni associations with resources? Check with your program staff to see if there are benefits and other supports available to you as an alum. Below, we list and link to some of the larger AmeriCorps program alumni associations.