Thank you for your interest in starting an Ameriorps Alums Chapter!
Those seeking to become the leader of an AmeriCorps Alums Chapter are required to complete a chapter leader application and register at www.americorpsalums.org. We are in the process of updating the application process.
If you’re interested in starting a chapter, please be sure to explore this website and then email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be updating this website in 2017 with more details, an updated application &an application deadline. Thank you!
Here’s a bit more information about expectations for chapter leaders:
All chapters are required to complete the monthly event tracker at the end of each month here.
- Chapter Leaders should plan to accept their role for at least one-year (unless circumstances beyond your control occur.) You’ll then be asked to help recruit a new leader to assume your Chapter leadership position.
- You should have some previous leadership experience in a small group, organization or club.
- You are required to update your Chapter page with events, meetings and other information at least once a month (or designate someone in your chapter to update the page).
- You are expected to be a role model for other AmeriCorps Alums Chapter leaders and members. In turn, you may be asked to act as a representative for AmeriCorps Alums as an organization in your region/city at events or meetings.
- You are expected to help recruit Chapter members and invite participants to meetings. You are expected to hold a minimum of four meetings/events per year (quarterly).
- You will be responsible to report your chapter activities through our chapter evaluation tool. You’ll also be expected to communicate regularly with AmeriCorps Alums staff.