Every year, AmeriCorps Week is celebrated by current AmeriCorps members and alumni to help bring awareness to the impact national service is making in cities across the country. This year, AmeriCorps Alums, the national network for all alumni of AmeriCorps, will be supporting AmeriCorps Week by sharing how leaders and communities have been "Made in AmeriCorps.
” By raising awareness of the impacts of AmeriCorps, we will also showcase how national service is a viable development pipeline for 21st
AmeriCorps Alums is celebrating AmeriCorps Week with three engagement strategies:
- Building pride in AmeriCorps – Collecting stories, photos, and videos from alumni sharing what it means to be "#MadeInAmeriCorps”.
- Empowering current AmeriCorps members – Training active AmeriCorps members on the "Life After AmeriCorps” content and resources available from our organization, with region-specific webinar trainings over five consecutive days.
- Increasing AmeriCorps visibility – Activating AmeriCorps Alums chapters to serve alongside current AmeriCorps members in targeted cities, as well as provide curriculum for community conversations that highlight AmeriCorps alumni in local leadership.
Here are six ways you can get involved with "Made In AmeriCorps" during AmeriCorps Week:
- Upload your stories and photos showcasing what it means to you to be "Made in AmeriCorps”
- Invite your peers and your AmeriCorps network to our March 14th Resume Assistance Webinar
- Attend one of our five regional "Life After AmeriCorps” webinars between March 11-15th:
- Monday, March 11th Atlantic Region: 12PM to 1PM Eastern-Register here
- Tuesday, March 12th Southern Region: 12PM to 1PM Eastern-Register here
- Wednesday, March 13th North Central Region: 1PM to 2PM Eastern-Register here
- Thursday, March 14th Pacific Region: 3PM to 4PM Eastern-Register here
- Friday, March 15th Southwest Region: 2PM to 3PM Eastern-Register here
- Note - All regional webinars should correspond with the local timezones' lunch hour (12pm - 1pm local time), with the exception of some states
- Serve alongside current AmeriCorps programs during AmeriCorps Week (You can join a local service project being led by a local AmeriCorps program, or invite local programs to have their members join your chapter’s project)
- Convene a "Made In AmeriCorps” panel in your area highlighting local leaders and Alums who have served in AmeriCorps
- Post social media messages and photos on Facebook and on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram using the hashtag #MadeInAmeriCorps.