GOOD BRINGS THE FUN TO THE STREETS OF
SAN FRANCISCO FOR THE CITY’S
LARGEST-EVER BLOCK PARTY, JULY 20TH
2nd Annual “Choose GOOD” Block Party Benefits 12 Nonprofit Partners as GOOD Approaches $1 Million Philanthropic Milestone
Live Musical Performances by DJ Franki Chan, The Morning Benders, The Mumlers and DJ Vin Sol; Bike Valet by SF Bicycle Coalition; Ping Pong Competition;
Silk-screening, DIY Button-making, Food, Drinks and More!
SAN FRANCISCO, CA—JULY 8, 2008—GOOD, the integrated media company for people who want to live well and do good, today announced that it is once again bringing the fun to the streets of San Francisco with its 2nd Annual “Choose GOOD” Block Party with live musical performances, food, drink, games and activities for all ages.
The celebration takes place Sunday, July 20th from 1:00pm to 8:00pm at 111 Minna Gallery located at the corner of Minna Street and 2nd Street in San Francisco’s SoMa neighborhood and is open to all subscribers of GOOD magazine. For non-subscribers, the price of admission is $20, all of which is directed to one of GOOD’s 12 nonprofit partners and adds you to GOOD’s subscription base. Party-goers must RSVP by visiting: http://www.goodmagazine.com/events/sf08.
Guests can take in all that the block party has to offer while enjoying live musical performances by The Morning Benders, The Mumlers, DJ Franki Chan, DJ Vin Sol and more on a solar-powered outdoor stage. The event will feature food and drink, art installations, free giveaways and numerous interactive activities to keep the fun going throughout the afternoon, including:
- Games: In honor of the Olympics this summer, Saucony has committed to raising everyone’s competitive spirits by bringing ping pong to the party;
- Rum Tasting: Flor de Caña educates your palate with a delectable array of rums at their tasting station;
- Food Sampling: La Cense beef will sample delicious bites of grass fed beef, and Slow Food Berkeley will pinch-hit on the vegetarian options alongside Alter Eco Fair Trade;
- Free t-shirts: Hope Equity brings you free bamboo t-shirts and Hit+Run brings a silk-screening station to send you off in style in case you lose your top in the Virgin RE*Generation strip2clothe.com video capture booth;
- DIY Button-Making: Make a button with your own personalized message with Clif Bar;
- Striking a Pose: Looking to capture a memory from the “Choose GOOD Block Party?” Stop by the photo booth and pose for a strip of candid shots. Guests can also access their photo at: http://www.goodphotobooth.com;
- Bicycle Valet: Ride your bike to the event and a bike valet, provided by SF Bicycle Coalition, will park it and keep it safe while you enjoy the party;