Beth Kander (AmeriCorps '06) is working on an exciting project called "Yeah, Write Whatever!" (YWW) that will positively impact kids' reading and writing skills. Her new nonprofit, Imagination
Education, Inc., is partnering with Eyevox and the Mississippi Board of Education
to make this happen. It's a great idea with the right partners . . . and now, the YWW team has a really exciting opportunity. This alumni-created project is competing for funding from American Express
through their Members Project initiative - AND YOU CAN HELP THEM WIN!
It costs nothing, you don't have to be (or become) an American Express cardmember
, and it literally takes about 3 minutes.Vote now
to help "Yeah, Write Whatever!" make the Top 25 for funding consideration! Here's how:
1. Go to www.membersproject.com
2. On the top right, click on "Guest Members Login"
3. This will take you to the login page. At the bottom of the page, click "Guest Members sign up here."
4. Sign up! (They just ask for name, email, and to choose a password)
5. You can then "search projects." If you enter "Write" in the search box, "Yeah, Write Whatever" will turn up.
6. Nominate, leave a comment, and feel excellent about doing your good deed for the day!
7. Voting closes September 1, 2008
A special note: if you DO happen to be an American Express cardholder, you get to vote all the way through the final round, so PLEASE bookmark the page and support "Yeah, Write Whatever!" all the way through!!
If you have any questions or want more information, you can contact Beth